Chances are you all know about balancing your diet and the foods needed to do this because we are bombarded with ways to do better, be better and eat better daily (its all rubbish by the way – all food is good food, all food is needed by your body)
Much more importantly for me however is the benefit that you can get from balancing your energy.
If you are even slightly spiritual or like to do yoga or work with crystals then you’ve most likely heard bout the seven main chakra’s within your body.
Where they are and what role they play within your body.
If this is all new to you however then this blog post is for you.
What are chakra’s?
According to Healthline, chakra’s are energy centres that are located throughout your body. There are many channelled meditations to help you align and balance your chakra system as well as using modalities such as Reiki or gentle flowing yoga.
But before you dive deep into unblocking your chakra’s and achieving this aligned and free-flowing energy, it would be a good idea to understand the basics. So here, in a nutshell is what you should know about your seven chakra’s.
The Seven Chakra’s
The Sanskrit word “chakra” translates to “wheel or disk’ but it is more widely known and recognised as the word pertaining to the spiritual energy centres within the body. According to Thimela Garcia even though we most widely talk about the main seven centres there are at least 114 located throughout the body.
The main ones however start at the base of your spine, in the pelvic region, and extend to the crown of your head, just above your human body but still in your energy field.
Its believed that by having your chakras open and aligned this allows energy or ‘prana’ to flow through your body with no blockages which in turn can make you feel happier and healthier.
The Chakra Locations
The chakra’s are the root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown.
The following gives a quick overview of where they are located within your body and the Sanskrit work for each one:
- The Root Chakra, or Muladhara, is located at the base of your spine.
- The Sacral Chakra, or Svadhisthana, is located below your belly button.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra, or Manipura, is located in your navel area.
- The Heart Chakra, or Anahata, is located in the center of your chest.
- The Throat Chakra, or Vishuddha, is located in your throat.
- The Third Eye Chakra, or Ajna, is located between your eyes.
- The Crown Chakra, or Sahasrara, is located at the top of your head.
What Purpose does each one Have?
Here is an explanation of the role that each chakra has and what it can do for you if it is flowing and balanced. Once you understand this you will totally see why it is vitally important to your health and wellbeing to be aligned and cleared
- Your Root Chakra focuses on stability and security. It helps you feel grounded and gives the ability to better handle challenges that life may throw your way
- Your Sacral Chakra is all about sexual and creative energy. It has a part to play in how you relate to your emotions and the emotions of others.
- Your Solar Plexus Chakra is your confidence centre, helping you to feel in total control of your life.
- Your Heart Chakra is linked to self-love and your love for others.
- Your Throat Chakra is where you get to speak your truth and allows you to communicate your needs ensuring your inner truths are always expressed.
- Your Third Eye Chakra governs your intuition and plays an important role in your ability to imagine and dream about the life you truly want to live.
- Your Crown Chakra is your connection to spirituality. It also plays a role in your life’s purpose.
Why they may be blocked?
There are a myriad of reasons as to why your energy centres can become blocked. Your emotional well-being can influence your energy balance positively and negatively – when you are in a more negative state this has the potential to throw your chakras out of whack, especially if you’re not able to easily let go or release the negative emotions. The longer you stay in that feeling state the more out of alignment your chakras can become.
This is why it’s vitally important to resolve matters and release stress as lingering emotions can create major blockages.
Experiencing too much stress both physically and mentally, can also lead to one or more of your chakras falling out of alignment.
Illness, and addictions can also cause blockages.
And if one gets blocked this can have a knock on effect to all the others as while each chakra has its own distinct property they all work together in harmony as a chakra system meaning when one gets pulled out of alignment this can then affect all the rest.
How to unblock them
A great way to create an aligned and unblocked system is by meditation, breathing exercises or gentle postural yoga.
I have an extra special chakra balancing meditation of my own made just for you, enjoy.